The Speed Friending event successfully restored my faith in the gay community at UAlbany! So nice to meet new people, and they’re all decent human beings! :)
The Pride Alliance’s annual kickoff event! Meet new people, reacquaint yourself with old friends! Open to any and everyone of any sexuality or gender!
Please reblog, repost, share, invite, join, whatever you can do to publicize this event! I’m basically just gonna keep reblogging this so people know about it! I’m gonna be really pissed if I don’t see a lot of new people at this event!!
"Who says I can’t pitch a tent?"
Really, Degrassi Writers? Dick jokes from the transboy? >_<
I just died laughing after reading the /about for the kid that’s making this whole rant about Tristan from Degrassi being a terrible gay stereotype, when this child sounds exactly like him! Excuse the fuck out of me, Mr. 16 year old that claims Nicki Minaj is his queen and loves every other stereotypical artist for a teenaged gay scene queen.
I really am too old for the Degrassi fandom, I just can’t anymore.
- Matt: If you had to commit suicide, how would you do it?
- Me: Have sex with a woman.
The stuff you say makes people think it’s okay to bully kids who are gay or transgender or different in any way.
I teared up just from these few lines last night, and it was clear that Adam may have finally broken through to Becky.
It’s amazing to see how much Adam has grown through the past three seasons. He started as this scared boy, hiding the fact that he was trans from everyone, wearing ridiculous amounts of layers of baggy clothes and hats to conceal his body. Now he walks around school in tighter fitting clothes, proudly displaying an LGBT pin on his backpack, and is open and honest about being trans, going so far as to confront and defend himself to people that treat him wrong. If there’s any character that’s had amazing development on Degrassi, it’s him.
Just finished tonight’s episode:
- Ricardo Hoyos is just too damn adorable. It’s great to see him have some material as Zig finally, and seeing that he’s a pretty good actor. What I don’t totally get is if his mom owns a store, even if it’s a little rinky-dink convenience store, how is he as poor as they’re trying to portray him to be? They’re acting as if the poor boy is homeless, having to take clothes from lost and found because he can’t afford anything in the world. And $35 for dinner for two plus desert, at a steakhouse?! Are Canadian meals that cheap?
- Fiona’s back! And with the uniforms gone, we get to see her rock her awesome style again, including her affinity for oversized beanie hats! Dallas is an ass YET AGAIN, and as I alluded to before, it’s another issue over something LGBT-related with him doubting her sexuality. Of course, this is also leading into a similar issue that I’m sure Fiona’s going to bring up with Imogen in the next part, as it seems someone’s not too comfortable with PDA…
- Marisol was all over this episode, wasn’t she? She’s heading Student Council with Katie
in a mental institutionon suspension, but why is she all buddy-buddy with Fiona all of a sudden? Last I recall, they hated each other. I guess all it took was the Frostival to be successful and for Fiona to go back to her natural hair style and now they’re friends. Then we saw that she’s still working at Little Miss Steaks, and in the preview for tomorrow’s episode, giving poor Zig an ultimatum to pay up for his dine and ditch meal. I’m beginning to like her now; she’s still being sassy, without being an outright bitch. Speaking of bitches…
- BECKY FUCKING BAKER. She wasn’t in this episode more than three minutes, and I wanted to strangle her. Purposely planting seeds in Dave’s head to get him even more worried about playing gay in the musical? She’s absolutely vile, and I want to strangle her. You wanna be involved in production? Suck it up and be the producer, not a homophobic, bigoted saboteur.
- Dave… I really liked his role in this episode. First finding out about the Romeo and Jules things a few months ago, I was curious as to how they’d portray Dave as acting in the lead role opposite Tristan and playing gay. I think it was pretty realistic, and true to Dave’s character to this point. Like his episodes with Adam and dealing with transgender issues, Dave is a bit ignorant to what’s going on and how to act at first, but not out of hate. He’s just truly doubtful as to what he should be doing. His flamboyant gay portrayal with Tristan and Eli was hilarious.
- Finally, a small complaint: This isn’t Glee! There was too much music going on in this episode! From the musical rehearsals, featuring the voices of not Jahmil French and Lyle O’Donohue, to the WhisperHug rehearsals of the cheesiest song ever, it was a bit much. Unfortunately, the band’s gonna be around even through the second half of the season, and I’m assuming that the musical will be at the end of the summer block, so there’s gonna be as much music going on as there’s going to be an abundance of homophobia from the Ice Hounds and Becky. -_-
I’m not even gonna touch on Alli’s “pregnancy” scare, because I’m sure that shit’s fake…
But there’s tons of gay stuff going on this season, isn’t there? With Tristan, Fiona, Imogen, and Adam, Degrassi’s got LGBT down to the letter, literally. Now we’ve got the Romeo and Jules play, which is hilarious…but now is part of the main arc this season going to be homophobia gone wild? We’ve already got the homophobic asshole Baker twins, and then the entire hockey team is a bunch moronic jerks, what with Dallas already making a crack at Adam and now accusing Campbell of being gay. Then there were those leaked episode synopses that were on TeenNick’s site before season 11.5 started that talked about homophobic slander in the school, and Snake assembling a team of students to try find out who’s doing it.
Clearly, Degrassi’s tackling homophobia a grand scale for the first time. We’ve had Marco’s gay bashing and heckling from his father, then Riley’s internalized homophobia and feuding with Owen, but Degrassi’s never had outright anti-gay bigots in its halls before this. It’ll be interesting to see how far things go, and who will end up on what side of the…showdown. -_-