Q:Why blame Jordy?
Just my personal opinion: Adam was written out/killed off because Jordy wanted out of the show, also explaining why she was MIA for the whole last part of season 12. Probably also explains her regrowing her hair out, which she’s previously lamented having to cut for playing Adam. So as shitty as the writers’ story to kill off Adam was, I think it still falls on her decision to leave.
"Who says I can’t pitch a tent?"
Really, Degrassi Writers? Dick jokes from the transboy? >_<
DEGRASSI LIVE BLOG
I’m watching the season 13 premiere now! I’m gonna just make one post about my thoughts as I’m watching:
So TeenNick has updated their Degrassi site in preparation for season 13 already, which is commendable, even if there’s still some errors. The site has all new cast bios (written in first person, social networking site bio style) for the remaining cast, though Adam, Clare, Eli, and Zig are missing. Replacing a character’s name in the URL with one of the four brings up their bios, however: Adam and Clare’s are fully updated like the others; Eli’s is the old style, but has his season 13 headshot; but Zig still has his season 11 headshot, and old style bio. Interesting…
Also, we’ve known Alex Steele chose to leave the show months ago, but what the hell happened to Dave/Jahmil French?! It wasn’t until earlier today that I realized that he’s been nowhere to be found.
And one last thought, *spoiler alert*
Degrassi did the unthinkable tonight:
THEY MADE A PERFECT (MID)SEASON FINALE THAT LIVED UP TO THE HYPE AND ENDED EVERY PLOTLINE POSITIVELY.
I’m seriously in shock right now. Each finale seems to fall short in some way, whether it’s over-hype, rumors/spoilers that don’t turn out true, lame endings to characters’ stories, etc. But Scream part 2 actually did every single thing right. I literally have no complaints about this episode. Look at everything that was going on!
- I was on the edge of my seat over Clare’s decision to break into Asher’s office, and then eventually rethinking what she was doing. It was clear that the other intern had something happen to her as well, but it was great to see her finally reach out to Clare after seeing how broken up she was over everything.
- Becky Baker actually possesses a heart! Her brother, not so much. As she said she’s “still confused,” but she went out of her way to at least repay Eli and Adam for the damage she may or may not have done to the play. And judging from that hug, and the clip from the fall block of episodes, things aren’t over for Becky and Adam by a longshot.
- Tristan thankfully wasn’t hurt by Luke, merely locked in a supply closet singing to himself. Tori’s attempt to prove to him that Owen and the rest of the niners love him was a bit flaky, though it was nice to hear Owen say he loves him. I was afraid that they might also shy away from the kiss between Dave and Tristan, but it was sweet. Finally, Ari the stagehand making Tristan melt at the end was adorable… Please don’t let him be another hockey goon, or even worse, just a straight crush.
- Finally, Eli. If you know me, you know I’m not really a fan of Eli, EClare (by extension), or how the show constantly props them up. However, Eli’s dedication to the play, doing the right thing by NOT supporting Clare’s insane plan, and not losing his mind again really had my cheering for him. He deserved his moment on stage, with tears in his eyes and all. And yes, I even appreciated the moment at the end with EClare kissing with the spotlight on them.
So I’ve been made a fan of Becky, Eli, and EClare, all in the course of one episode. Hell must be freezing over. That, or the Degrassi writers did a hell of a job with this summer’s block of episodes and its finale. Congratulations, Degrassi. =)
The stuff you say makes people think it’s okay to bully kids who are gay or transgender or different in any way.
I teared up just from these few lines last night, and it was clear that Adam may have finally broken through to Becky.
It’s amazing to see how much Adam has grown through the past three seasons. He started as this scared boy, hiding the fact that he was trans from everyone, wearing ridiculous amounts of layers of baggy clothes and hats to conceal his body. Now he walks around school in tighter fitting clothes, proudly displaying an LGBT pin on his backpack, and is open and honest about being trans, going so far as to confront and defend himself to people that treat him wrong. If there’s any character that’s had amazing development on Degrassi, it’s him.
"I could cry right now, but I don’t have any tears left!"
You and everyone else, Imogen! >_<
If this was only the second to last week, how much this show put us through next week?!
- Owen attacking Luke after Tristan disappears!
- Clare and Dallas making out!
- The fight at Fiona and Drew’s!
- Drew proposing to Bianca!
- The play!
- How is Becky going to react to Adam?!
- What will Eli do when he finds out about Clare being kissed by TWO other men now!?
There’s just too much happening!
Wow, this is so wrong, hahaha. KC, Connor, and Alli were introduced in season 8. While Clare had minor appearances in seasons 6 and 7 during Darcy’s storylines, she wasn’t a main character until season 8 as well. The Misfits ARE Clare, Eli, and Adam in season 10, as they’re usually referred to. A little fact-checking would be nice, to whoever runs this blog…
Just finished tonight’s episode:
- Ricardo Hoyos is just too damn adorable. It’s great to see him have some material as Zig finally, and seeing that he’s a pretty good actor. What I don’t totally get is if his mom owns a store, even if it’s a little rinky-dink convenience store, how is he as poor as they’re trying to portray him to be? They’re acting as if the poor boy is homeless, having to take clothes from lost and found because he can’t afford anything in the world. And $35 for dinner for two plus desert, at a steakhouse?! Are Canadian meals that cheap?
- Fiona’s back! And with the uniforms gone, we get to see her rock her awesome style again, including her affinity for oversized beanie hats! Dallas is an ass YET AGAIN, and as I alluded to before, it’s another issue over something LGBT-related with him doubting her sexuality. Of course, this is also leading into a similar issue that I’m sure Fiona’s going to bring up with Imogen in the next part, as it seems someone’s not too comfortable with PDA…
- Marisol was all over this episode, wasn’t she? She’s heading Student Council with Katie
in a mental institutionon suspension, but why is she all buddy-buddy with Fiona all of a sudden? Last I recall, they hated each other. I guess all it took was the Frostival to be successful and for Fiona to go back to her natural hair style and now they’re friends. Then we saw that she’s still working at Little Miss Steaks, and in the preview for tomorrow’s episode, giving poor Zig an ultimatum to pay up for his dine and ditch meal. I’m beginning to like her now; she’s still being sassy, without being an outright bitch. Speaking of bitches…
- BECKY FUCKING BAKER. She wasn’t in this episode more than three minutes, and I wanted to strangle her. Purposely planting seeds in Dave’s head to get him even more worried about playing gay in the musical? She’s absolutely vile, and I want to strangle her. You wanna be involved in production? Suck it up and be the producer, not a homophobic, bigoted saboteur.
- Dave… I really liked his role in this episode. First finding out about the Romeo and Jules things a few months ago, I was curious as to how they’d portray Dave as acting in the lead role opposite Tristan and playing gay. I think it was pretty realistic, and true to Dave’s character to this point. Like his episodes with Adam and dealing with transgender issues, Dave is a bit ignorant to what’s going on and how to act at first, but not out of hate. He’s just truly doubtful as to what he should be doing. His flamboyant gay portrayal with Tristan and Eli was hilarious.
- Finally, a small complaint: This isn’t Glee! There was too much music going on in this episode! From the musical rehearsals, featuring the voices of not Jahmil French and Lyle O’Donohue, to the WhisperHug rehearsals of the cheesiest song ever, it was a bit much. Unfortunately, the band’s gonna be around even through the second half of the season, and I’m assuming that the musical will be at the end of the summer block, so there’s gonna be as much music going on as there’s going to be an abundance of homophobia from the Ice Hounds and Becky. -_-
I’m not even gonna touch on Alli’s “pregnancy” scare, because I’m sure that shit’s fake…
But there’s tons of gay stuff going on this season, isn’t there? With Tristan, Fiona, Imogen, and Adam, Degrassi’s got LGBT down to the letter, literally. Now we’ve got the Romeo and Jules play, which is hilarious…but now is part of the main arc this season going to be homophobia gone wild? We’ve already got the homophobic asshole Baker twins, and then the entire hockey team is a bunch moronic jerks, what with Dallas already making a crack at Adam and now accusing Campbell of being gay. Then there were those leaked episode synopses that were on TeenNick’s site before season 11.5 started that talked about homophobic slander in the school, and Snake assembling a team of students to try find out who’s doing it.
Clearly, Degrassi’s tackling homophobia a grand scale for the first time. We’ve had Marco’s gay bashing and heckling from his father, then Riley’s internalized homophobia and feuding with Owen, but Degrassi’s never had outright anti-gay bigots in its halls before this. It’ll be interesting to see how far things go, and who will end up on what side of the…showdown. -_-
My Body is a Cage is on… Ugh, the emotions, my heart…
Chaz Bono’s making a cameo on Degrassi! Obviously there must be some sort of interaction between him and Adam…
Also, he’s emceeing a battle of the bands, Maya finally gets that band she wanted together. I’m liking the mix of characters in this too: Zig, Imogen, Adam, Mo, and Maya? Aside from Zig and Maya, and the one scene where Imogen meets Adam with the tampons in her nose, I don’t think any of those characters have ever had scenes together! I hope this is a sign of more cast integration this season!